Kalicia and Shawn Walters, along with their daughters Lilly and Linkoln, live on the former Washington Ranch in Love County, Oklahoma. Consisting of 470± acres of rolling grassland dotted with hundreds of mature pecan and oak trees, the ranch is also home to Diamond Dub Quarter Horses.
The ranch itself has a long and interesting history. Among the array of colorful Oklahoma characters, few equal the stature of William “Billy” Washington, the original owner of Washington Ranch. For 40 years, from about 1880 until 1920, Washington was a dominating force from Red River to the Arbuckle Mountains, as he amassed a huge herd of cattle, a great fortune, and not a few enemies. Today, the heart of his great empire is the home of Diamond Dub Quarter Horses, the centerpiece of which is an 8,500-square foot mansion known as “The Cattleman’s Castle,” built in 1888 and now on the National Register of Historic Places.
The ranch's equestrian capabilities are particularly impressive. The outbuildings are outstanding, including a new 27-stall horse barn and a 40-stall horse barn, a 125×200 foot covered riding arena, and the historic barn. In addition, a 125×200 foot outdoor arena and breaking pen add to the exceptional equestrian qualities of this ranch. The ranch is fully fenced, with 12 pastures.
For more information on the ranch or Diamond Dub, visit the Contact Us page.